WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded on your computer through websites. They are tools that provide some services, among others, allowing a website to store and retrieve information about the user browsing habits and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
TYPES OF COOKIES
There are three classifications of cookies, each with their types of cookies. They are classified according to who manages them, according to the period of time they remain stored in the client’s browser and, finally, according to the purpose.
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and treat the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal device from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Depending on the period of time that cookies remain stored in the client’s browser, two types can be distinguished:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that only is kept for the provision of the service requested once by the user (for example, a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data are still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
The third classification, according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed, has six types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, such as traffic controlling and data communication, session identification, access to restricted areas, remember the elements that integrate an order, perform the process of purchasing an order, registration or participation request in an event, use security elements during navigation, store contents for the videos or sound diffusion or share content through social networks.
- Customization cookies: allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on some criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: they allow the person in charge of them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the websites user to which they are linked. The information collected in this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of users navigation profiles of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management of advertising spaces.
- Behavior advertising cookies: they store information on the users behavior, obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
COOKIES ELIMINATION AND DEACTIVATION
The user has the option to allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on their computer by means of the installed browser configuration. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different in each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser’s Help menu to find instructions. The user can choose at any time what cookies wants to work on the website.
Below are the links where the configuration for the most common browsers is explained:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencias
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=es-419
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/
COOKIES USED IN WWW.CIRUMED.ES
The following are the cookies being used on this website, as well as their type and function:
ACCEPTANCE OF THE COOKIES POLICY
Anyway, you can carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies: the cookie warning will not be displayed again when accessing any portal page during this session.
- Close: the notice is hidden on this page.
- Modify your configuration: See section “Cookies Elimination and Deactivation” in this document.
The terms of this data protection policy may be modified at any time, and such modifications will take effect at the same time they are published on this website.
Last update made on January 24, 2019.